Friday, April 17, 2009

Day 16



Today's subject is one of my favorite shirts. It's a shirt that's soft to the touch and it always makes me laugh. This shirt used to be worn by one of my best friends until he passed it on to me. His name was Aaron Stookey, but I called him Stookey for short. He called me Scholl. So we were Stookey and Scholl, a dynamic duo!

I met Stookey in high school since we were both on the yearbook staff together and also attended the same church. I was older then him by two grades, but we hit it off immediately. In time we were inseperable and it continued that way until I graduated college. He attended Oklahoma State University with me and looking back at pictures of us together I cannot help but laugh. Stookey is seriously one of the funniest people I've ever met in my life. He does impressions like nobodies business. He was always so generous to me. I often called him my Sugar Daddy. Stookey and I were close, as I said, until I graduated. Then I moved back to our hometown and we started to drift apart. Not so much because of the distance, but because he decided to make some changes in his life that I didn't really understand, but continued to support him.

We still talk from time to time, but it's nothing like the friendship that we used to have. I saw him while I was home over Christmas and we chatted for a couple of hours and it was almost like it used to be. One the way home that night I cried though. It's hard having someone you are so close to gradually become someone that you aren't sure you know anymore.



This is one of my favorite pictures of us.

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree with you more. I have someone that sounds just like that from my past. We were best buds in high school, and like your friend, he took a different path, and although I still wanted to be there for him, he starting pushing everyone away. We still talk once in awhile, but it will never be the same. So sad...

    ReplyDelete